29 DAYS TO THE 5 k SPARTAN SPRINT
Yes, it is indeed a little crazy. But at least I won’t be able to say it was boring. I thought I was in fairly decent physical condition but after looking at videos of this race, I really have to question that thought.
I’m going to run the Spartan Sprint…
So – I have 29 days to get ready. I’m sure I can finish the race; I just don’t want the race to finish me!
My biggest concerns right now are upper body strength and flexibility. I have the stamina to do the distance but can I do it pulling myself up and over walls, through mud pits and rope barriers? Can I climb huge boulders, scale hills and rockwalls, and still have the energy to run the distance?
Twenty-nine days. The training started today. I have to train hard, fast and furious. I’ll keep posting here just to make myself accountable.
- Wide overhand grip pull ups, wearing my backpack with a 16 kg kettle-bell. Pull to failure…made it to 8
- Narrow underhand grip chin ups. Pull to failure…made 6
- Push ups wearing the same back-pack, again to failure. One set of 15 – one set of 10.
- Inclined flies on the Swiss ball – three sets of 15 using 15 kgs weights.
- Ten minute session with the kettle bell – snatches, one arm press and round-abouts – 15 each.
- Bent over rows with 20kg dumb-bells…2 sets – 10 each side
- One more set of 15 declined push-ups wearing the backpack with the kettle-bell.